Monday, January 25, 2010

To See Things As They Really Are

So, sometimes I get a running theme in my life, work, thinking etc. Those themes sometimes spill over into my blog e.g. justice and mercy or restoring instead of reforming. Well, here I go again. The title says it all.

This theme comes originally from my work as a counselor. There are all sorts of obstacles that my clients and I have to work to overcome in order for real change to take place. One of those obstacles comes from a lack of complete information and clarity. Sometimes when a client will become stuck or stunted in their progress, I eventually discover that they had not given me all the information. I don't want anyone to think that that is some kind of put down on my clients, there can be any number of reasons why all the information is not put out there, including things that are up to me. But, it is a common issue that comes up. Once we can see the whole issue and understand it for what it is, we can face it head on.

I believe in redemption. I believe in healing. I believe that people can change. Correction, I know that all these things are possible. But, I also know that none of these magnificent realities can occur unless we see things as they really are, with clarity. We must have the truth, the whole truth.

There are a lot of things good about this nation. But, there are a lot of problems also. In order to fully address and hopefully correct those problems we have to see them as they really are. So, get ready for some posts related to this theme. Go USA!

P.S. This is my 100th post! That’s kinda wild.

No comments: