Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Arlington National Cemetery was a somber and soul touching place. I love and honor those who have served this country and protected our freedoms. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is a site I have long wanted to visit and was grateful for the opportunity.
We happened to arrive just as the changing of the guard was about to start. I apologize for not being in a better position for filming it.
What touched me most was the realization that our beloved unknown soldiers are not left alone. They are honorably watched over by their fellow soldiers. I also found it touching that the unknown soldiers have been giving a multitude of awards and medals for valor and honor.
To all of our dear soldiers and to their families and other loved ones, thank-you from the deepest part of my heart.

1 comment:

rychelle said...

I think it is really cool that ou were able to go to DC and see and appreciate all it has to offer. Thank you for you inspiring thoughts in you last few posts (actually all of them) but, I too love this country and am greatful that we can stand united for moments such as these!