Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth? Why It's the Whole Earth Silly

Okay I've stated before and I'll state it again, I think we need to be good stewards of our planet. I believe pollution should be minimalized. I think people who litter are punks. But, I also think that things like global warming I mean climate change I mean climate justice, are used to try to scare people into making unnecessary changes. And I really don't like when children are used to try to change the way their parents behave.

I'm going to confess here that I watch the Disney Channel. I really like Kim Possible. I've become a relatively new fan of Phineas and Ferb. I even watch Hannah Montana from time to time. But, lately when I've watched that happy go lucky channel I have been treated to commercials like this:



I mean come on guys! "Reg and Pledge" to save our planet. The most recent commercial bragged about how all those reg and pledgers turned up their thermostats from 72 to 74 degrees. I can just imagine tweenagers badgering their parents to turn up the temp in order to save the planet from heating up and causing Florida to melt into the abyss.

Again I think we should be good stewards. But, we do not have to throw common sense out the window. We do not need to have children be fed propaganda by smiling mousekateers, or whatever their called these days. The planet is not more important than people. It would be cool if these kids were learning about kindness to their fellow beings or something.

Anyway just had to get that off my chest.

1 comment:

Eve said...

One word for Disney...disgusting!