Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ask

Alright, I know that I've expressed some dismay at the Disney Channel for their whole "Friends for Change" deal. By the way congrats to the amazing Tinker Bell for being named an honorary ambassador of green, http://tiny.cc/Gyu8z check it out! Anyway I confess I still watch the DC, it makes me laugh, and I fast forward through all the ridiculousness. The latest episode of Hannah Montana had a wonderfully hilarious line that as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to somehow relate it to something on my blog. So, maybe it's a stretch, but it at least should give some a chortle.



The point dear friends is this, never ever assume that what's in the bag is something great just because it comes from a friendly face. Or how about this: Do not assume that our politicians are handing us some nutritious treat in the paper bag. The reality is they are abbreviating the contents of massive bills trying to make them sound all yummy, when the reality is they could and frankly probably do contain all sorts of nasty. What we think might be a Blueberry Muffin from a friend very well could be a stinking pile of well dog mess handed to us by a charlatan masquerading as a friend. We must demand to know the truth. What is in the bag?!

My apologies to Thomas Paine for including some of his noble words in this slightly silly post but here goes anyway, "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."

So, there you have it, the muffin or the other kind of bm is just begging to be revealed, and our only job is to demand that it be so. I repeat what is in the bag?! No more fear of thinking, and questioning, the government is supposed to fear the people. So, we ask them to fulfill their promises of transparency. Knowledge and truth are key components of freedom. That is what we ask.

No comments: