Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Servant's Heart

In an interview that aired on December 9th on CTV Governor Palin responded to the question about her political future and possible run at the presidency in 2012:

"Some days politics makes me roll my eyes and say 'I don't know if politics are in my future.' and it's certainly not the be all, end all for me personally.
If there are platforms, opportunities for me to be able to effect positive change in people's lives, whether that's political or another venue I will embrace that.
But, I don't know if its going to be in politics or running for president in '12."

This has quickly become my favorite quote from the Governor. This is one of the reasons that I admire her. She is somebody who has that servant's heart. She wants to serve the people. She wants to do that in whatever way she can. What will her future be? Who knows, but I think it is pretty clear that whatever she does she will be successful because she will be doing it for the right reason. We ought to all follow that kind of example.

I'm someone who likes to work with people and hopefully help them. I love my job as a mental health therapist. One of my core principles is that everyone has a story and everyone has a voice, and we all deserve to be heard. Another core principle I have is that my most basic relationship with my clients, and with everybody is that I am their sister. So, the question I ask myself is what can I do in my life that will be the most beneficial for my brothers and sisters?

I am so blessed to know so many good people who have taught me these kinds of principles.

This nation is full of goodness because it is full of good people. "Let us be excellent to each other." to quote a movie.

Thanks to all the good people in my life. God Bless.

No comments: